Below is a list of the best chicken and cabbage salad with miso-sesame vinaigrette voted by readers and compiled and edited by our team, let’s find out
This Cabbage Cucumber Salad is crunchy, refreshing, and easy to make ahead of time! It’s loaded with sesame seeds and green onions and tossed in an irresistibly delicious miso sesame dressing. It makes for the perfect stir-fry side dish, or add some protein and rice to make it a main dish!
Meet my new favorite salad: this cabbage cucumber salad, tossed with a fabulous miso sesame dressing. It’s all the things: fresh, crunchy, tangy, nutty, flavorful, refreshing, and absolutely delicious.
This salad was originally inspired by a few different things: some cucumber salads I saw on TikTok, and my favorite cucumber summer salad from my favorite vegetarian Thai restaurant in San Diego, Plumeria. Once I started making it at home, with my own twists, and realized how easy it was…it came a staple on repeat in my kitchen. I’ve had countless days standing at the kitchen counter eating this salad for lunch.
It’s the perfect salad for summer, and since it’s lettuce-free, you can make it ahead of time and grab it out of the fridge when you need something quick and refreshing. It makes a great side dish, or add some extra protein (ideas below!) to make it a full meal. I think you’ll be as obsessed as I am!
Table of Contents
What’s in this cabbage cucumber salad?
- Persian Cucumbers: these are the smaller ones, and I find they work best because the seeds are tiny and the skin is thin, so no need to peel!
- Thinly Shredded Cabbage: I used red cabbage, green will work too!
- Green Onions: we use LOTS for maximum flavor.
- Peanuts: feel free to skip if you have a peanut allergy or sub for almonds.
- Toasted Sesame Seeds: these are a MUST – they add so much texture! If you only have raw sesame seeds, toast them for a few minutes in a dry pan on low-heat.
Let’s make the miso sesame dressing!
This dressing is so good you could DRINK it!! It’s light, refreshing, and perfect for this cucumber salad. It would also be a great dumpling dipping sauce 🙂
What you need to make it is:
- Tamari: or regular soy sauce if you’re not gluten-free. Coconut aminos are a great soy-free option.
- Rice Vinegar: I use regular unseasoned rice vinegar, but if you have seasoned on hand, that works too!
- Lime Juice: fresh is best!
- White Miso: I used chickpea miso, regular white miso works great too.
- Toasted Sesame Oil
- Chili Crisp: or chili powder. I used Trader Joe’s Chili Garlic Crunch
- Garlic: I use fresh and grate it right into the sauce.
Could I add a protein?
If you want to serve this cucumber salad as a main dish, you absolutely could, but I would recommend adding some protein to make it a complete meal! You can add meat or a plant-based protein. Some of my favorites are:
- Shelled Edamame
- Crispy Tofu
- Sauteed Tempeh
- Rotisserie Chicken (or Vegan Chicken)
I would serve with a grain like rice or quinoa to make it a filling, delicious meal. I hope you adore this recipe as much as I do!
Want more easy salads?
- 5-Ingredient Chickpea Chimichurri Salad
- Kale Chickpea Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- The Best Vegan Caesar Salad
Top 6 chicken and cabbage salad with miso-sesame vinaigrette edited by Top Chef
Miso-Sesame Slaw Recipe | Food Network Kitchen
- Author: foodnetwork.com
- Published: 04/03/2022
- Review: 4.83 (884 vote)
- Summary: Whisk 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon each white miso, honey, toasted sesame oil and vegetable oil and 1 teaspoon soy sauce in a large bowl
How long will salad last in the fridge
Miso Sesame Dressing Recipe – Allrecipes
- Author: allrecipes.com
- Published: 08/19/2022
- Review: 4.69 (359 vote)
- Summary: Great light miso salad dressing to pair with cabbage or romaine lettuce, fresh mandarin oranges, and toasted almonds. Place greens in a bowl and add garnishes
Sensational Sesame Miso Vinaigrette and Marinade
- Author: flavourandsavour.com
- Published: 09/15/2022
- Review: 4.58 (327 vote)
- Summary: Nov 8, 2021 Whisk the miso, sesame oil, rice vinegar, olive oil, honey and sea salt. Add the toasted seeds and make an everyday salad something to remember!
Where to buy chicken salad chick gift card
Rainbow Slaw Miso and Sesame Vinaigrette – FeedFeed
- Author: thefeedfeed.com
- Published: 01/01/2022
- Review: 4.31 (527 vote)
- Summary: (3) · 20 min
When food such as potato salad or tuna salad
Grilled Chicken and Cabbage Salad With Creamy Tahini Dressing Recipe
- Author: seriouseats.com
- Published: 03/24/2022
- Review: 4.13 (270 vote)
- Summary: Add mint, parsley, and cilantro to bowl with shredded chicken and cabbage, along with half of sesame seeds and all of the dressing. Toss with clean hands to
Miso Sesame Vinaigrette Recipe – Food.com
- Author: food.com
- Published: 05/09/2022
- Review: 3.89 (342 vote)
- Summary: Very tasty dressing. I used Agave sweetener instead of sugar, otherwise I stuck to the recipe. I used it on a romaine and radicchio salad with chicken