Below is a list of the best what is in chili's southwest chicken soup voted by users and compiled by topchef.blog, invite you to learn together
You can recreate Chilis Southwest Chicken soup at home. This is a light recipe that is perfect because it’s so filling and packed full of protein.
The first time I experienced this soup, I fell in love with it. I thought that since this soup was marked as a healthy option, it probably would not be so good, but I was dead wrong! This soup was chock full of flavor and spice and just overall deliciousness. Plus, it was really filling without being too heavy.
If you adore southwest flavors, you’ll go a bit weak at the knees for Chili’s Southwestern Chicken Soup. It’s a hearty meal like chili but still has that soup feeling. I love recipes that are so easy to prepare but are still packed full of flavor.
This is also a great meal that can be made ahead and frozen. You can double the recipe and have some ready in your freezer whenever you feel like warming up with some tasty soup.
Table of Contents
Make Chili’s Southwest Chicken Soup with Easy to Find Ingredients
Chili’s Southwest Chicken Soup recipe is one of my preferred easy chicken dinners. It’s loaded with all my favorite Mexican flavors – cilantro, corn, lime juice, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, and green chilis – plus a mix of different veggies. Oh, and did I mention your dinner will be ready in no time? This is also a one-pot meal, so there’s easy clean-up.
- cooked chicken
- white onion
- tomato paste
- white hominy
- green chilies
- Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- fresh tomatoes
- lime juice
- tortilla strips
More about the ingredients
Chipotle chiles are dried smoked jalapeño peppers. Adobo is a tangy, slightly sweet red sauce. Put them together, and you have an irresistible combination.
This recipe uses white hominy. If you’re not familiar with hominy, you’re not likely to forget it! These big kernels of corn are puffy and chewy with a very unique flavor owing to a special processing technique.
How to Make Chili’s Southwest Chicken Soup
- Season chicken breast with salt. Cook the chicken breast with oil in a large pot over medium heat for about 6 to 7 minutes on each side, until fully cooked.
- Remove chicken from the pot and when cool to the touch, shred the chicken.
- Place one tablespoon of vegetable oil to the same pot where the chicken was cooked.
- Sauté garlic and onion until the onion is translucent.
- Add celery and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, and stir well. Sauté for about 1 minute stirring constantly then add chicken stock.
- Add chipotle peppers, hominy, green chilies, diced tomatoes, and shredded chicken. Cook until the soup has heated through.
- Add a squeeze of lime juice and about 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro.
- Garnish soup with fried corn tortilla strips, chopped cilantro, and shredded cheese if desired.
Not only is this southwestern chicken soup recipe amazingly delicious, but it is also so simple to throw together. In no time at all, you have perfect winter comfort in a bowl.
I love mine with fried tortilla chips on top, but if you like, you could skip the tortilla strips and serve the soup with cornbread for a hearty, comforting meal.
Love soups with a southwestern flavor?
Here are some more copycat soups for you to enjoy:
- Cowboy Soup
- Corn Poblano Chowder
- Taco Soup
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Chicken Enchilada Soup
Don’t miss out on these favorite Chilis copycat recipes
- Chilis Big Mouth Bites Recipe
- Homemade Onion Petals
- Chili’s Crispy Chicken Crispers
- How to Make Southwestern Egg Rolls
- Copycat Chili’s Queso in Crock Pot
- Chili’s Chili Recipe
Be sure to check out more of my easy soup recipes and the best copycat Mexican restaurant food.
Top 5 what is in chili's southwest chicken soup edited by Top Chef
Chili’s® Inspired Southwest Chicken Soup – Cooking Professionally
- Author: cookingprofessionally.com
- Published: 05/12/2022
- Review: 4.99 (691 vote)
- Summary: Aug 18, 2022 Chili’s® Inspired Southwest Chicken Soup has the savory, spicy flavor of the original, loaded with chiles, tender veggies, and shredded meaty
Hot Soups, Famous Chili & Fresh Salad Menu | Chili’s
- Author: chilis.com
- Published: 03/31/2022
- Review: 4.68 (399 vote)
- Summary: Hand-breaded crispy chicken tossed in spicy Buffalo sauce, bacon, bleu cheese crumbles, pico, tortilla strips with house-made ranch. Order
Southwest Chicken Soup Chilis Copycat Recipe
- Author: izzycooking.com
- Published: 03/19/2022
- Review: 4.29 (265 vote)
- Summary: Apr 21, 2022 How to Make Chilis’ Southwest Chicken Soup Add oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add the remaining oil to the same pot and saute the garlic
- Matching search: Chili’s Southwest Chicken Soup recipe is one of my preferred easy chicken dinners. It’s loaded with all my favorite Mexican flavors – cilantro, corn, lime juice, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, and green chilis – plus a mix of different veggies. …
Chili’s Southwest Chicken Soup (Copycat Recipe!)
- Author: allshecooks.com
- Published: 04/29/2022
- Review: 4.02 (505 vote)
- Summary: Jul 5, 2022 How to Make Chili’s Southwest Chicken Soup Grab a large pot and heat the oil in the pan. Next add in the garlic, chipotle peppers, chili
- Matching search: Are you a fan of Chili’s Southwest Chicken Soup? If so you have to try this easy copycat recipe. Make your favorite restaurant quality Chili’s soup at home. Enjoy the flavors and top with tortilla chips, a dollop of sour cream or even avocado. Grab …
Chili’s Southwest Chicken Soup – Simply Scrumptious Eats
- Author: simplyscrumptiouseats.com
- Published: 11/17/2021
- Review: 3.79 (295 vote)
- Summary: Jul 25, 2022 Ingredients. 1x 2x 3x ▢ 2 Tablespoons cooking oil I used avocado ▢ 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs ▢ 1 yellow onion
- Matching search: This copycat Chili’s Southwest Chicken Soup recipe is so flavorful and delicious. You don’t need to be a Chili’s fan, or even have tried the soup to fall in love with this one. Made in one pot, the ingredients make it mouth-watering delicious and it …