Below is a list of the best wilted spinach salad with bacon and balsamic vinaigrette voted by users and compiled by Top Chef, invite you to learn together
A delicious, soul warming Wilted Spinach Salad with the BEST hot bacon dressing. This special spinach salad is simple to prep ahead, making it a perfect holiday starter.
Table of Contents
A Holiday-Worthy Spinach Salad
Topping a simple bed of greens is my favorite go-to lunch. Add some quality proteins, like bacon and eggs, and some healthy fats, like nuts and avocado, and a perfect meal is formed.
This salad started out as an excuse to use up my Hot Bacon Dressing and some veggies in my fridge, but the result was so beautiful (and DELISH!) I knew it needed to be shared.
My secret for the best wilted spinach salad? A Hot Bacon Dressing, that combines the best salty-sweet-and-tangy flavors!
What You’ll Need:
- Baby Spinach
- Roasted Red Peppers (make your own, or buy them jarred!)
- Hard Boiled Eggs (read this on how to make the easiest to peel eggs!)
Hot Bacon Dressing
- Bacon (nitrite/nitrate free)
- Avocado Oil (or olive oil)
- Red Wine Vinegar (or use Balsamic vinegar)
- Monk Fruit Sweetener (or honey)
- Salt & Pepper
How to Make a Wilted Spinach Salad
Step 1: Cook bacon until browned and slightly crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan, leaving the bacon drippings. Drain the bacon on paper towel until it cools. Chop the bacon and set aside.
Step 2: Add the shallots into the pan with the bacon grease, stirring occasionally, and sauté over medium heat until they just begin to brown.
Step 3: Into the skillet, add the avocado oil, red wine vinegar, chopped bacon, sweetener, and salt and pepper to taste. I like to keep this bacon dressing sugar free by using a monk fruit sweetener. Feel free to use maple syrup or honey in place of the monk fruit.
Step 4: Assemble the spinach salads by adding roasted red peppers, a sliced hard boiled egg, avocado slices, and pecans to a bed of spinach.
Step 5: “Wilt” the spinach by adding the hot dressing to the salads. This works best if the dressing is very hot, so if I make the dressing ahead of time, I reheat it before dressing the salads.
A Perfect Holiday Meal
If you’re planning your holiday meals right now, be sure to save this one! It’s easy to prep ahead, and has a beautiful contrast of colors. It’s also a healthy way to start an indulgent night of eating.
If you have guests who will not eat the bacon and need to keep it on the side, try this recipe for a Spinach Salad with Bacon and Eggs.
I like to start with the good stuff, and this wilted spinach salad has it all.
Round out a perfect holiday meal with:
- Beef Tenderloin Roast – a delicious tenderloin coated in a rosemary butter.
- Cauliflower Cheese – a great veggie dish with the right amount of indulgence for the holidays!
- Baked Sweet Potatoes – a favorite at our holiday gatherings.
- Sausage Stuffing Balls made with Gluten Free Cornbread
- Gluten Free Apple Pie
- Mini Greek Yogurt Chocolate Cheesecakes
Other Spinach Salad Recipes
- Simple Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Chicken Spinach Salad with Pomegranate & Pecans
- Butternut, Millet, and Spinach Salad
If you make this recipe, be sure to share it with me! Find me on Facebook or Instagram and be sure to tag #SunkissedKitchen @SunkissedKitch
Top 6 wilted spinach salad with bacon and balsamic vinaigrette edited by Top Chef
Warm Mushroom Spinach Salad | Recipe – Elle Republic
- Author: ellerepublic.de
- Published: 12/22/2021
- Review: 4.83 (867 vote)
- Summary: Aug 9, 2021 A classic wilted spinach mushroom salad recipe with crispy bacon, shallot and sautéed mixed mushrooms tossed in a warm balsamic dressing
The habit burger grill superfood salad with dressing
Spinach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
- Author: garnishwithlemon.com
- Published: 01/28/2022
- Review: 4.62 (510 vote)
- Summary: Feb 7, 2019 Most spinach salads have a warm bacon vinaigrette on them but this is my favorite salad to serve with my favorite balsamic vinaigrette
Wilted Spinach With Bacon Recipe – The Spruce Eats
- Author: thespruceeats.com
- Published: 02/17/2022
- Review: 4.59 (440 vote)
- Summary: Apr 16, 2022 Wilted spinach recipe with bacon dressing. This recipe is a salad or side dish, made with spinach, bacon, vinegar, sugar, and onion
Where can i get a good cobb salad near me
Wilted Spinach Salad With Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
- Author: farmflavor.com
- Published: 01/19/2022
- Review: 4.28 (372 vote)
- Summary: Instructions
Where to buy chicken salad chick gift card
Wilted Spinach Salad with Bacon and Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Author: aboveanitalianrestaurant.blogspot.com
- Published: 10/18/2022
- Review: 4.17 (265 vote)
- Summary: · Return skillet to medium heat and add oil, onion, salt, pepper, and sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is slightly softened, 2 to 3
Maple Balsamic-Bacon Vinaigrette Over Wilted Baby Spinach
- Author: gustareoliveoil.com
- Published: 12/02/2021
- Review: 3.76 (412 vote)
- Summary: Ingredients · 2 quarts young spinach leaves, stems removed, washed, spun dry · 4 tbsp. Gustare New England Maple Balsamic Vinegar · 2 tbsp. Gustare Barbaresco Wine
- Matching search: Step 3: Into the skillet, add the avocado oil, red wine vinegar, chopped bacon, sweetener, and salt and pepper to taste. I like to keep this bacon dressing sugar free by using a monk fruit sweetener. Feel free to use maple syrup or honey in place of …